added on 24/9/2009 by DaveA surprisingly nice and easy to make canape. Use whatever caviar you like.
- 75g buckwheat flour
- 35g plain flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
- 180ml buttermilk
- 30g butter, melted
- 65g creme fraiche
- 50g salmon roe or similar
- Sift flours and baking powder, gradually whisk in combined egg and buttermilk; stir in butter.
- Cook blinis, in batches, by dropping 2-teaspoon portions of batter into large heated non-stick frying pan. Cool on wire rack.
- Divide creme fraiche and caviar amoungst blinis.
- Server at room temperature.
I couldn't afford real caviar! This is the cheap stuff.