added on 23/1/2008 by DaveA quick and tasty dinner. The key ingredient is the lightly smoked salmon fillets.
- 2 lightly smoked salmon fillets
- Bunch of asparagus
- Baby corn cob
- Dill (lots)
- 3 shallots or small onion
- White wine
- Creme fraiche (medium tub)
- 1 lemon
- Pasta - tagliatelle goes well
- Grill the salmon until just cooked; cool slightly and flake into large chunks (do this whilst you do everything else below).
- Chop the onion and put a pan on for the pasta
- Sweat the onion in a little oil, then add wine and reduce (by about half)
- Put the pasta on now to cook.
- Add the creme fraiche to the onion and cook down for 3 minutes or so.
- Prepare the asparagus (get rid of the woody bit, peel if you're feeling keen) and add to the sauce, chopped in half, along with the baby corn.
- Drain the pasta and put into a big bowl; give it a minute or so to dry out.
- Tip in the sauce mix, add the salmon, a large handful of dill, juice of 1 lemon, some black pepper and a little salt.
- Serve immediately.