Smoked trout on mini potato rosti
added on 24/9/2009 by DaveThese canapes look the part and taste lovely. The crisp rosti is the perfect foil for the smoked trout and creme fraiche.
- 1kg potatoes
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh chives
- 15g butter, melted
- 125ml olive oil
- 260g smoked trout, flaked
- 85g creme fraiche
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh chives, extra
- Boil, steam or microwave unpeeled whole potatoes for 5 minutes; drain. Cool potatoes for 20 minutes, peel away skin; grate coarsely. Combine potato in medium bowl with chives and butter.
- Heat half the oil in medium frying pan. Shape level tablespoon of the potato mixture into patties; cook in batches until browned and crisp both sides. Drain on absorbant paper.
- Divide trout and creme fraiche amoung rosti; top with extra chives.
You can make the pattis a little ahead of time, but they really need to be fried just before serving to make sure they're crisp and warm.